Microsoft provides a new way to activate VMs hosted in Hyper-V, named Automatic Virtual Machine Activation (AVMA). It makes the activation step of VMs much easier.
- Hypervisor: Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter with Hyper-V role. Other versions are not supported. Dedicated Hyper-V Server is not supported.
- VM: Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Standard and Essentials.
- Prepare and activate your Hypervisor;
- Install supported OS as VM with the key listed below, or change the key of an installed VM with command “slmgr /ipk <key>”.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter: Y4TGP-NPTV9-HTC2H-7MGQ3-DV4TW
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard: DBGBW-NPF86-BJVTX-K3WKJ-MTB6V
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials: K2XGM-NMBT3-2R6Q8-WF2FK-P36R2
These keys are supported to being used in any unattend.exe setup file also.